Article 1 (Personal Information)
Personal information” refers to “personal information” as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and refers to information about a living individual that can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions, etc., contained in the information, as well as information that can identify the specific individual by itself, such as appearance, fingerprints, voice print data, and health insurance card insurer number.
Article 2 (Method of Collecting Personal Information)
The Company may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and driver’s license number when a user registers for use. In addition, transaction records and payment information, including the user’s personal information, between the user and our partners (including information providers, advertisers, and advertisement distributors, etc.: hereinafter referred to as “partners”) will be shared with our business partners.
Article 3 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes for which the Company collects and uses personal information are as follows
- To provide and operate our services
- To respond to inquiries from users (including identification)
- To send e-mail notifications of new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the service the user is using, as well as information on other services provided by the company.
- To contact the user as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
- To allow users to view, change, or delete their own registration information, or to view the status of their use of the service.
- To charge users for paid services
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
Article 4 (Change to Purpose of Use)
- The Company will change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use is related to the purpose of use before the change.
- In the event of a change to the purpose of use, the Company shall notify the user or publicly announce on this website the purpose of use after the change in a manner prescribed by the Company.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- With the exception of the following cases, the Company will not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the user. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either of the former two in executing affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs in question.
- When the Company has notified or announced the following matters in advance, and when the Company has notified the Personal Information Protection Committee
- The purpose of use includes provision to a third party.
- The items of data to be provided to a third party.
- The means or method of provision to a third party.
- The provision of personal information to a third party will be discontinued at the request of the person in question
- The method of accepting the request of the person in question.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the party to which the information is provided shall not fall under the category of a third party.
- When the Company outsources all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons.
- Cases in which personal information is to be shared with a specific party, and in which the Company notifies the person in advance or makes readily accessible to the person in advance to that effect, the items of personal information to be shared, the scope of the parties sharing the information, the purpose of use by the parties sharing the information, and the name of the party responsible for managing the personal information or the name of the person responsible for the management of such personal information are made readily accessible to the individual.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- When the Company is requested to disclose personal information by the user, the Company will disclose the information to the user without delay. However, we may decide not to disclose all or part of the personal information if any of the following cases applies. A fee of $10 will be charged for each case of disclosure of personal information.
- When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the user or a third party.
- When disclosure is likely to cause significant hindrance to the proper conduct of the Company’s business. If it violates any other laws or regulations.
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in principle, the Company will not disclose any information other than personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, the Company will not disclose non-personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If the user’s personal information in the possession of the Company is incorrect, the user may request the Company to correct, add or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correct, etc.”) the user’s personal information in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Company.
- If the Company deems it necessary to respond to a user’s request as described in the preceding paragraph, we will correct, etc. the relevant personal information without delay.
- When the Company makes a correction, etc. based on the preceding paragraph, or decides not to make a correction, etc., the Company will notify the user of this without delay.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- If the Company is requested by the user to cease use or delete his/her personal information (hereinafter referred to as “cease of use, etc.”) on the grounds that it has been handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it has been obtained by wrongful means, the Company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- Based on the results of the investigation in the preceding paragraph, if the Company deems it necessary to comply with the request, we will suspend the use of the relevant personal information without delay.
- In the case of suspension of use, etc. based on the preceding paragraph, or in the case of a decision not to suspend use, etc., the Company will notify the user of such decision without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, if the suspension of use involves a large amount of cost or it is otherwise difficult to suspend use, and if alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the user, these alternative measures shall be taken.
- The contents of this policy are subject to change without notice to the user, except as otherwise provided by law or other regulations.
Article 10 (Inquiry Contact)
Please contact us at the below for any inquiries regarding this policy.
Company name: Sakura Childcare